Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Forgetting the Past and Shaping the Future


Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the 2 best decisions I have ever made. 1 year ago I said goodbye to my past and did everything I could to leave it behind. That leads me to my second best decision, Marrying Matt.

If there is one thing I have learned from him over the past year it is that, "You have already lived in the past, no need to relive it. Take what you learned and apply it to the future so you make it the best it can be."

Matt has given me the strength I needed to leave the past behind and start something new.

Since then, I have moved. I have graduated College. I have applied for a masters Degree. I have bought an AMAZING house. I have rekindled relationships with my family. I have married the man of my dreams. I have started a career. I have learned to cook. I have learned to sew. I have a savings account and can share that with someone who appreciates it.I have a life that I never would have had or ever imagined.

To my family: Thank you for all of your undying love and support. I couldn't have done any of this without you.

To Matt: You are my best friend and I will always be thankful for the support, guidance and love you have shared with me.

3 comments:

  1. Truly happy for you Kim ( and Matt too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you babe! Happy decision anniversary! :) Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Kim that made me cry... So happy that you are happy and I love you and Matt and can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete